Sunday, February 24, 2008

Good News, Bad News

Good news: It’s been so warm recently I’ve only had to wear one pair of pants! Scarf, gloves, and coat are still part of my everyday wardrobe, however. Bad news: The rain here is so dirty that it leaves dark spots on any remotely light-colored clothing. Gross. Good news: My Chinese is improving! Bad news: I can still barely function in China. Good news: I’m learning how to cook traditional Sichuan dishes! Bad news: I now know just how much oil goes into them. And it makes me slightly nauseous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

7.22AM, you are really a early bird!I am very glad to hear that you are improving your chinese,maybe next time we could have a conversation in chinese between us. And finally, you found the secret of sichuan dishes. I hope you still remember the three secrets of French dishes: 1) butter 2) butter )still butter :-)