Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring Has Come… And so have the mosquitoes

The other day I was outside enjoying a pleasant and leisurely evening reading a book. Now, it’s been a while since spring made its grand (and quite welcome) entrance in Chengdu; however, the insects happily lagged behind (happily for us, in any case). Much to my chagrin, that is no longer the case. Despite the fact that it was only six in the evening, I counted no less than 18 mosquito bites on the back of my right calf alone. In other news, I am officially promoting my friend Stella’s blog. She is a pint-sized ball of solid muscle who greatly enjoys climbing big rocks. She’s my oldest friend – we met infamously when I was in second grade (and she was in third) and apparently randomly introduced myself of my own accord. We proceeded to play Red Rover and my life has never been the same since. So check it out. http://stellathegiant.blogspot.com. She really is a giant. Despite her size.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mangoes, Indian tea, the Indian side-ways OK nod, banana leaf plates, milk sweets, and tums. All of which are still actively desirable, save the tums, seeing as I'm not eating fire 3 meals a day.

Awesome post, and really a cool way to share about your experience. My "addictions" are so characteristic of my travels, that I loved hearing about yours.

Bisous,
Kristen

Anonymous said...

and ps. this was supposed to be in the "hooked" entry.. I'm not quire sure how I landed here...

Stella said...

You are amazing.